Whilst travelling abroad for long periods of time, it’s easy to get caught up with endless amounts of action packed activities and forget about taking care of yourself. Here are our 5 top tips this summer on finding the balance between staying grounded whilst also having fun:
- Keep hydrated, up your daily intake of water and be sure to take a bottle everywhere you go – you should never feel thirsty throughout the day.
- Sun cream, sun cream and more sun cream! The importance of keeping your skin protected cannot be stressed enough. 58’s beauty therapist Katharine Paterson from Azure Beauty says “Nobody should wear sun cream on their face that is less than SPF 30”
- Practice 5 minutes of mindfulness every day– give yourself at least 5 minutes to gather your thoughts and focus on what you want to achieve. Practice slow breathing techniques and a variety of stretches to wake you up when you’re feeling particularly groggy. Have a look at our balancing room mist which is travel sized and made to transform your surroundings in order to still your mind and soothe your body and soul.
- Start a travel journal – pen down your every thought, particularly focus on documenting what has made you happy, so you can try to re-create that feeling once you are back at home.
- Cut off social media – don’t throw your phone into the ocean by any means! It’s very easy to get caught up in wanting to document your travels to friends and family on social media, try to limit your mobile phone and internet usage to a few hours a day at the start of your holiday then eventually go down to no usage at all.
Scent is a huge trigger for many different emotions and sensations within each individual, with the power to transport us to a place from the past, remind us of a fond memory or set the mood for an evening of relaxation and pampering. To enhance a sense of happiness and perpetuate an uplifted state of wellbeing head over to our 58 Lifestyle product range here.