As we gain knowledge into the detrimental effects chemicals have on our health, savvy consumers are looking for plant-based, sustainable alternatives to many of their products, from cosmetics to clothing to candles. In recent years, soy candles have become a popular alternative to their paraffin counterparts. Whilst they have multiple benefits, it is important to note that soy candles burn differently from wax candles and therefore have a different set of safety rules. Please do read our Ecosoy candle safety guide at the bottom of this post. Our Balancing Ecosoy candle is made from soy wax, which is produced from the beans of the soya plant. Unlike paraffin wax (which many other candles are made from), soy wax is renewable, biodegradable, clean burning, toxin-free, and is even vegetarian and vegan-friendly as it is considered a vegetable wax.
Whats more, the scent omitted from a soy candle is beautifully pure, and rather than filling our homes with synthetic fragrances, the whole plant essences found in natural oils can be incredibly beneficial to our constitution.
We’ve put together some of the many benefits of burning Ecosoy candles so you can enjoy creating a relaxing, balancing ambiance with a clean burn (and conscience!)
BENEFITS OF ECOSOY CANDLES:
-The production of our Ecosoy candles is kinder to the environment. Ecosoy candle wax is derived from a renewable resource, the soy plant, which can be grown over and over again, instead of paraffin wax, which is derived from a finite resource (petroleum).
-You and your family can breathe easy, as soy candles do not produce any harmful fumes. Some studies have shown that paraffin candles emit toxins into the air, which can be harmful to our health, particularly when burnt frequently in small spaces (Kok et al., 2004).
-Soy wax candles have an incredible scent throw. This means that you can enjoy the aroma of your candle in the room without the need to be sitting right next to it. Additionally, the scent is long-lasting, and as they are scented with essential oils, you can enjoy their natural therapeutic qualities, free from artificial smelling fragrances.
-Soy wax spillages can easily be cleaned up with a cloth and some hot soapy water because soy wax is water-soluble.
-Soy wax is the perfect base for our hand selected blend, resulting in a fresh, vibrant and truly unique scent, full of top, base and central notes that will be smelt differently and vary dependant on the user and surroundings.
All of the products in our 58 Lifestyle range are formulated on the belief that nature can provide us with everything we need to nourish and support our wellbeing. Our consciously crafted blends are organic wherever possible, free from parabens, sulphates and harsh additives.
You can shop our Balancing Ecosoy candles, and enjoy the benefits yourself by clicking here.
IMPORTANT: ECOSOY CANDLE SAFETY
• Do not burn candle for more than 2 hours at any one time. Once candle has melted fully to liquid, always ensure the wax sets evenly by leaving to cool on a flat surface.
• Always burn your Ecosoy candle in a well-ventilated room.
• For smaller candles keep wick trimmed to 1/4″ at all times to ensure even burning and to prevent the flame from becoming too large. If wick moves too close to the side of the jar, extinguish flame, wait to cool and move away from the side of the container. (Our larger candles contain wooden wicks which DO NOT require trimming)
• Always burn candles within sight and never leave burning candles unattended.
• Burn candle on a stable heat resistant surface.
• Keep out of reach of children and pets.
• Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the side of the container.
• Keep away from drafts and vents. Always keep candle away from anything that can catch fire.
• Do not touch candle when lit or when wax is melted, as glass can become extremely hot.
• Keep wax free of wick trimmings, matches and any other flammable material.
• Extinguish your candle if it smokes or if flame becomes larger than 1″. Let candle cool for at least an hour before trimming wick.
• To discard wax pour into a disposal bin or similar container, never pour wax down sink drains.